Movie of My Life

By 10:01 ,



I don’t know about you but sometimes, particularly after watching ‘The Truman Show’, I imagine what it would be like if my life was a film.
Then I thought, what a fun game, let’s play together:


First of all what genre of film would it be? Would you be in a romance film, a comedy, a dramatic film, tragedy or perhaps even a sci-fi or horror film? For my life, I would have to go for a dramatic comedy, particularly due to all the awkward moments I have on a weekly basis. 


OK, next, who would play you? I think the actress who would play me in this movie of mine would have to be Emily Blunt, she’s such an incredible woman, very talented and has even acted as Queen Victoria in the movie ‘Young Victoria’ – I love the royal roots! Who would you be though, here’s a list of ideas: 


Male
Female
Robert Pattinson
Emily Blunt
Tom Cruise
Keira Knightley
Stanley Tucci
Jennifer Aniston
Leonardo DiCaprio
Gemma Arteton
Denzel Washington
Jennifer Lawrence
Will Smith
Judi Dench
Robert De Niro
Maggie Smith
Josh Duhamel
Halle Berry
Jude Law
Sandra Bullock



After that, lets pick some mood music, what helps to define the genre and makes what the actors are saying and doing, much more credible.

So you could go, happy and cheerful with lots of xylophones, perhaps for a heart wrenching heartbreaking standing in the rain scene you could go for a string orchestra or a solo voice perhaps opera? Let me know in the comment section what music you are putting to your film. 


By this point we have done, actors (from the list above you could also pick supporting actors). We’ve also done, genre and music. Next on the list of things to do is to pick the opening and ending line of you r film. To give you some ideas I have picked out some of the best, most well-known lines:


“I'm also just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her”
"All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain."
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"
"Go ahead, make my day."
"Here's another nice mess you've gotten me into!"
"I am Spartacus."
"I see dead people."
"I'll be back."
"Life is a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you're gonna get."
"Nobody puts Baby in a corner."
"You had me at hello."
“You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!”
"I’ll go home and I’ll think of some way to get him back. After all, tomorrow is another day”
"Well, nobody’s perfect!”



Now finally, we have one last thing to do.  One final thing to do before we end this movie magic, I hope as you do this last step you are listening to your emotional music and running over the lines you just wrote. You need a great setting, for the best scene, I mean not only do you need a really great moment but the weather needs to be just perfect. So what’s it going to be?  Are you going to have the climatic romantic moment on a bridge, will you be crying in the rain? Are you parting from an old friend at a train station or on stage with the lights shining on top of you.



We’re done! You basically have created a movie, now every time someone asks you about it you have a ready formulated plan – there is nothing like being prepared! Also if you ever feel like perhaps your life is ‘The Truman Show’, then if you ever find yourselves on a bridge in the rain or whatever it is you chose for your film moment then you can recite the line and the audience watching you – well they will just love you.



So that’s all for now, 
 Have a wonderful week,
 
The Clumsy Word Shaker,

Also don’t forget, please leave a comment about what you thought about the post and follow me on twitter @theclumsyword. You can also subscribe by email – you will only get notified if I post! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments