Word of the week 18/09/15

By 09:50 , ,

This week my word of the week is:
TRAINS
Everyday to get where I need to be, I have to catch the train. I got to know some people making the same trip and that makes it more fun. There's a lot of other people in the same journey and it's only a small train so luckily I get on near the beginning so I usually manage to get a seat. 
As you may know if you read my other post "Wrong Train" I got on a completely different train which was a bit of an issue especially as know one knew where my town was so couldn't really give advice. Eventually though I got it sorted and was home safe and sound.
Most of the time I'm all right but the early starts to get on the train in time is very difficult. Slowly the time I get up is getting later. Although I like the extra lie in if it gets any later I will miss my train - there's only so fast you can get changed and ready!
So apart from the longer days, early mornings and getting on the wrong train it has all been running smoothly. I'm on the right track (sorry for that pun but I had to be done).
Have a wonderful week, I apologise to all the other people who take part in word of the week for not being so involved recently it's been a bit crazy! I really appreciate any comments.
The Reading Residence
The Clumsy Wordshaker

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Whoops - the wrong train doesn't sound so good! But there's something nice about the familiarity of your journey isn't there, same train, same spot on the platform, same seat (if you're v lucky!) and the same people too - have a fab weekend #wotw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to enjoy the journey and you're right you get to meet the same people and get to know them - sadly I don't always get a seat x #wotw

      Delete
  2. Definitely all about trains for you this week then! Sorry to hear you got on the wrong one, very disconcerting. As Stephanie says, there is something nice about the same spot on a train, though, I remember it well from my commuter days x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the initial panic of 'where on Earth am I?' it was all right, I have some good friends on the train so that makes it much more enjoyable x

      Delete
  3. I've always been worried this will happen to me! Especially when you are late and race onto one without double checking it's the right one. #WotW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I did, just didn't check and got on, luckily everyone was really helpful and I got back home OK #wotw

      Delete
  4. Ah I've done that with buses once and nearly with a train in Copenhagen. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone when it comes to transport. #WotW

    ReplyDelete