The Best Exfoliator

By 08:00

ImageAfter getting a couple of Birchboxes I decided to write a review comparing which exfoliater I liked the most. My skin is quite dry, but exfoliating is good for anyone and most brands recommend that you exfoliate your face weekly - I have to admit I often forget.






Huygens Exfoliating CreamThe first I tried was Huygens Exfoliating Cream which is a Birchbox exclusive. A full size pot costs £17.90 and I would have to say it is worth it. The scent is citrusy and is very fresh perfect to start your morning and a very soothing addition to your night time routine. The cream contains sesame oil and antioxidant-boosting green tea. Antioxidants help prevent or delay cell damage to keep you healthy.
Rice powder particles are also included in the cream and are used to purify your skin as well as do the job of lifting away dead skin cells without irritation perfect for sensitive skin. As this Huygens Exfoliater is a cream it leaves skin soft and hydrated. I personally felt that it worked wonders. 

The second exfoliater I tried was the Rituals Ayurveda Scrub. This is a much stronger exfoliator, 
it is a darker colour and has a much stronger scent. For me, this scrub worked well, but I preferred the more sensitive, delicate Huygens cream. It is £10.00, so cheaper than the Huygens but for me I would rather spend the extra £7.90 and be soothed.



Rituals Ayurveda Scrub

For both exfoliators use a small amount and apply to damp skin, rub it gently over your face and and then rinse off. Let me know, what do you find works best?

Have a wonderful week,
The Clumsy Wordshaker












Photo 1: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/
Photo 2: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/shop/skincare?page=1&sort_by=recommended&sort_order=asc
Photo 3: https://www.birchbox.co.uk/shop/brands/rituals/rituals-ayurveda-scrub

You Might Also Like

0 comments