Word of the Week 26/02/16

By 15:48 ,

This week my word is:

COOKING


I always feel like I have a ton of recipes that I want to try out, that I have marked up in various magazines and books or seen on websites, and so this week I tried to give some of them a go.

I have made rice crispie nests with mini eggs to get into the Easter mood and will be attempting to make biscuits later in the shape of Easter eggs and decorating them with royal icing. Perhaps in a couple of weeks I will be feeling ambitious enough to try and make some hot-cross buns. The thought of them with their sugar glaze and dripping butter makes my mouth water!

 This week I have also tried out a combination of two comfort foods, - macaroni cheese and cauliflower cheese. After making the cheese sauce, cooking the macaroni and cauliflower as well as frying some pancetta I put it in the oven for a quick bake and to allow the parmesan top to crisp a little bit. Although the preparation time took a while the result was fantastic! It is always wonderful when you make something and it tastes great.

Do you have a favourite recipe that you would suggest? Anything quick, easy and delicious?

Hope you have a wonderful week,
The Clumsy Wordshaker

@theclumsyword

photo courtesy of bbcgoodfood.com
The Reading Residence

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I think you've cooked my children's favourite meals and pudding all in one week! You can't beat a baked cauliflour with a thick, cheesy sauce...oh, I'm going to put that onto our meal planner for next week!
    Like you I have lots of recipes ripped out of magazines but always end up cooking the same things! Although I have discovered Rick Stein's tagliatelle Carbonara which is so quick and super tasty!
    Enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a fun and yummy week! My go-to is always banana loaf, so easy and I know the recipe off the top of my head which makes it speedy! Thanks for sharing with #WotW x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rice crispy cakes they are so simple but always feel like such a treat and ooh I love hot cross buns x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds a yummy week - I like the macaroni cauliflower cheese mix too, the best of two dishes mixed together. Good luck with the biscuits, I'm already looking forward to one of those with my cuppa :) x

    ReplyDelete