Catch Up With London

By 08:00 , ,

You may have seen my post a year ago about London, and recently I visited again to take a look at what's been going on since I was last there.


First of all Liberty London: since last time they have merged the handbag and scarves departments and introduced a whole new sunglasses department! They are also opening Maria Tash’s first and only permanent space this side of the Atlantic on the ground floor, where you can get piercing, styling advice and beautiful gem-set jewellery in a private room - what do you think of this introduction?

Liberty London is an Aladdin's cave of fabrics and designs, and to the right you can see one of their displays about the silk road. I recently used some of their fabric to make a stylish headband.  Definitely take a look in Liberty if you get a chance, it is like being whisked into another world of patterns and luxurious things.













I also went to look in Fortnum and Mason's and was impressed by their new displays, especially the beautiful staircase. I am always amazed by the range of food, from cupcakes with sugared violets, to pineberries. 



 Here are a selection of chocolates, perfect for any anniversary or if you want to splash out on a yummy box to share in front of a good film.

I spotted some Fiona Cairn's cakes in the shop (Fiona Cairn made the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding cake), these cakes are topped with thick delicious icing and sugared violets. 





 From sweet shortbreads to fruit and vegetables Fortnum and Mason's is well stocked (although rather more expensive than an average shop)!



If you are looking for something sweet to eat then I found the perfect place. Amorino in Covent Garden has, in my opinion,  the best gelato, you can even get yours served in the shape of a rose.






 I got a delicious waffle with mango sorbet and chocolate gelato - it was the absolute best, I would definitely recommend it




Hope you have a wonderful week!



You Might Also Like

0 comments