Everything you'll ever want to know in 10-15 minutes

By 17:00 , ,

Whether you want to stop procrastinating, present the right body language, be motivated, get inspired or even if you have ever wondered what would happen if you replied to spam email, a TED Talk has the answer. The one thing I do have to warn you about is the 'recommended video' links by the side, which can lead to an endless spiral of YouTube videos.

I have three favourite videos:

1. Inside the mind of a master procrastinator by Tim Urban

This entertaining video will, I'm sure, strike a chord with many of us out there - although I'm not sure any one has ever though of procrastination in these terms before. Packed with 'technical' terms like the 'Procrastination Monkey' Urban goes over what it's like to be a procrastinator, the good, the bad, and the ugly. He also suggests a few ways to get over the affliction (and it's not just sit down and enjoy the Netflix programme, although I sure wish that was the advice).

2. 7 Ways to make a conversation with anyone by Malavika Varadan
This first video I recommend to even those extroverts who already loves to chat. In 15 minutes Varadan, a radio host in Dubai, about how you can skip the small talk and have a conversation. From those simple things that we should all do (pay attention - don't sit on your phone!) to that bit of extra courage we need to use to get over our "first word flood gates". In your lunch break have a watch - what's the harm in being a better conversationalist?

3. This is what happens when you reply to spam email by James Veitch
This hilarious video has featured on my blog once before, but I couldn't do a post about Ted Talks and not include it. Have you ever received a spam email? I'm sure you followed the rules and deleted it - but Veitch does the opposite, he replies and this leads to an email chain that will lead you incredulous and a final product that will make you laugh out loud.


I love a good Ted Talk, and I have watched some that are weird (one in particular about psychopaths springs to mind) and some that are wonderful, and some that are simply funny. If you have a particular favourite I (and I'm sure many others) would love to take a look so let us know in the comment section below!

Have a wonderful week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments