Food from around the world

By 18:13 ,

Over the last few weeks I have had the pleasure to try out three restaurants from three different countries and this is what I found.

1. Pho -  Vietnamese
I tried this out on a Saturday and I would recommend if you go to the New Street Station branch in Birmingham then go earlier rather than later because otherwise you're in for a bit of a wait. Luckily I went with someone who had been before so we got there early and I got some great advice on what to pick.
What was there? All the food there seemed really healthy, I went for Phở Xào (wok fried noodles) with chicken and prawns. It was super tasty, with lemongrass and a bit of chilli and some peanuts on the top. To share me and my friend had prawn crackers which we enjoyed as we chatted about work, books and La La Land. 
 I had a similar meal at Wagamama's a couple of weeks earlier with a nice group - everything was so quick and what I particularly liked about the Wagamama's version was the beautiful and tasty pink ginger on the top of the noodles.

2.  Bella Italia - Italian 
For a friend's birthday she booked a table at Bella Italia, we had a really long table to fit 12 people on (it was great, although a little tricky to talk to the people on the other side of the table). I went classic, a margherita. A lot of Italian places can do fancy salads or pastas well but getting the classic right is a sign of a great Italian. I have to say I definitely enjoyed it, it was hot and tasty and very very cheesy. To end the meal my friend had bought a huge iced cookie and we each had a slice.

3. The Pear Tree - French
During a holiday after a long day of revision and homework I went to Heart of the Country Creperie - The Pear Tree. I'd like to say that I spent a long time looking at the menu to pick something new and exciting, but I went for an old classic (and one of my absolute favourites) - chocolate sauce and banana. Mmmm it was good, to be honest I'm a sucker for any crepes I have had them all across the country and I can't get enough! This crepe was delicious but perhaps could have done with a bit more chocolate (I mean really, everything could do with a bit more chocolate). 

What's your favourite cuisine? I'd love to hear some recommendations so please do let me know. 
Have a wonderful week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments