The case of the murder mysteries

By 15:40 ,

I have to admit that I'm a fan of a good old murder mystery, and I'm in good company with some excellent books coming out! I have to say I'm very much looking forward to JK Rowling's next book in the Cormoran Strike series. If you want, you can take a look at my reviews of the Rowling's series here is the link for the first: (http://bit.ly/2t5FDaj) and the second book (http://bit.ly/2l8DeEA)!

So here are three crime recommendations for you to savour this summer:

1. Miss Fisher Mysteries

Image result for miss fisher mysteries
Miss Fisher's Mysteries (picture from Film Blerg)
This Australian TV series caught my eye recently and I believe you can watch the full series on Netflix, it is set in the 20s and it is a series you can really just settle into. I like the main character - I warm to her inquisitive ways and the confidence that oozes out of her. Essie Davis who plays Phryne Fisher, plays her awfully well. Watch this if you like your murder served with wonderful costumes and comedy.

2. Stephanie Plum
Image result for stephanie plum book
Photo from: Books, Movies, Reviews. Oh my!
This is an old favourite of mine - it's got me through some stressful times as you know it's going to work out in the end (or will it?)! The main character chaotically stumbles into cases as a bounty hunter with the added romantic interest of scary (but protective) Ranger (of RangeMan inc.) and police officer Morelli. A while ago I did an interview with the New York Times author herself which was possibly one of the greatest things I've ever done and you can read it here... http://bit.ly/2sB73S0 Each book is individual and to a certain extent stand alone, but I would recommend reading them in order to get the most of it.



3. Death in Paradise
Image result for death in paradise
Photo from Wikipedia 
So I was caught for this third recommendation, I've recently started reading 'Mystery Man' by Bateman which has had me laughing out loud, but in the end I had to go for Death in Paradise. The sunny island weather makes this program always seem jolly (despite the subject matter). There have been a number of changes in cast, but each new detective has brought their own charm and added to the program. I have to say I was most upset when Camille Bordey left!

So here are my top three recommendations, let me know if you have any recommendations for me - I would love to hear!

Have a wonderful week!


You Might Also Like

0 comments