Word of the week 1/7/17

By 15:20 ,

I have finally finished my exams and can get on with doing things I really want to do so this week my word is:

LEAVERS

I am leaving behind the old and starting the new. I can finally close the Keats book of poetry and stop having dreams about Hamlet or the Russian revolution, I am officially a 'leaver' and I have a hoodie to prove it. Not only did I leave behind the boredom of revision (something I am one hundred percent grateful for), but sadly I am also leaving behind friends. 

Being a 'leaver' seems fantastic, but I will really miss chatting to those people who I saw casually around as I got on with my day, but we have not quite got to the point where we can just go for coffee and have a chat. There are some people who are borderline - the kind of people who, perhaps if you had known them for a few months longer, you would be firmly friends with (or at least more firm than currently), and it those people I struggle to know what to do with!

I also feel a bit aimless, but I have a stack of books waiting to be read and a million and one other things that I have been putting off for a while, and am finally going to get round to doing. I'm going to make this summer productive and take advantage of the free time I have. A number of my friends are off to Greece this summer (lucky lucky people), so they are certainly taking advantage of their time off!

It feels good this week being an official 'leaver' (although I'm not sure it is entirely grammatically correct to say that). I'm looking forward to everything ahead, but I can't help but feel a bit sad about what I'm leaving behind. 

Have a wonderful week!


The Reading Residence

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Congrats on becoming a 'leaver'! I know just what you mean, it's a relief and indeed a milestone, yet you're leaving behind friends or possibilities of friends so it's bound to be tinged with sadness, too. Hope you have a fab summer, I'm sure you will x Thanks for sharing with #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a leaver is a milestone but comes with a sense of sadness too at the end of an era. It sounds like you have lots of lovely plans for the summer and I hope that you have a good one x #WotW

    ReplyDelete
  3. It definitely is an exciting time, I hope you both have a good summer as well!

    ReplyDelete