Well well Wells

By 16:02 ,

Everyone loves a good beach and the summer holidays is the perfect time to jump in the car and go, and go we did. My friends and I went to Wells-Next-The-Sea and it was peachy perfect.

One of the things that got me through the exams was going to my the beach with my friends, we set a date and off we went. For the first time ever one of my friends drove the three of us and after trying three car parks we eventually found the right one! You see we wanted to be on Wells beach (not the next door one) and the car park we found was only a short walk from the beach and a short (20 minute) walk to the town.

It was a lovely beach, the sand seemed to go on and on forever - it was glorious to lie down on the beach, to play cards and play tennis. The only thing is it's always harder than you remember to walk along the dry sand - particularly uphill!

We went for a paddle in the sea even though it was awfully chilly - how very British of us! The thing about Wells beach though is that it suddenly gets deep, hence the RNLI presence (yey for lifeguards!).
The other great thing about the beach is that it is really close to the forest. We (my three friends and
I) walked in a little loop. There was a large tree which we all (in a very grown-up way) climbed up for a photo opportunity. There is also apparently a rope swing although we didn't make it there.


The final thing we did on our day out at Wells was to walk twenty-minutes along the path to Wells quayside. We bought postcards (or at least some of us did), sticks of rock (yum, but again not me), and had fish and chips. As we walked back we ate our ice cream, we walked quite slowly but we had to race to eat our ice creams before they dripped down our hands.

The weather was atypical for Britain, what are the chances of picking a day many weeks in advance and it turning out to be brilliantly sunny - so much so I had burnt feet the next day! Next time I definitely needed to reapply my sun tan lotion more often.

Do you have any beaches to recommend or any activities to do whilst on the beach? Do let me know!

Have a wonderful week,

Isabelle





You Might Also Like

0 comments